- The Opportunity
- About You
- About Us
- Our Technology
- Qualifications & Skills
- Work Environment
- Our Values & Mission
- Why Join Scoop
We are looking for a senior Android Engineer to join our rapidly growing team. In this role you will work as a lead developer on expanding, enhancing and optimizing the SCOOP® Project Management and Automation platform (mPMA) Android mobile app. This is a native B2B app with sophisticated backend functionality including offline capabilities, multimedia recording and efficient data synchronization. Experience with similar apps and proven track record of solving associated challenges and optimizations is highly valued in candidates. Scoop Robotix is a rapidly expanding organization at the intersection of growing SaaS and renewable industries. As such this position offers multiple avenues towards skills development and leadership opportunities.
You are at your very best when your are imagining, designing and implementing creative solutions using the latest tools and methodologies to solve technical challenges. You thrive on systematically analyzing product and user requirements, mapping out patterns and putting in place processes to ensure consistency and scalability. You love working in a collaborative manner with other developers as well as colleagues across product management and QA to refine ideas and achieve the most effective solutions. You have experienced and understand the realities of working on mission critical platforms and have developed skills to balance focused work on new features while attending to critical issues in a rapid response environment. Finally, you are a life-long learner and believe in having open, honest and candid conversations in service of personal and professional growth.
Scoop was created by industry veterans with extensive backgrounds in software engineering, field operations, robotics and artificial intelligence. In their careers, they experienced firsthand the challenges faced by field operation managers and field personnel grappling with office-bound tools that were not designed for today's highly distributed and mobile workforce. With the rapid growth of deskless workforce (Google: 80% of the global workforce is now deskless and mobile) they made it their mission to develop a new approach to work software. Being equally passionate about the future of our planet they decided to focus their efforts where it mattered the most: helping fast-growing renewable energy and green infrastructure companies solve their growing field work challenges and scale faster. Today, Scoop is on a rapid growth trajectory with a commitment to building a world class team who share the same vision and passions.
Our flagship platform Scoop® is a zero-coding mobile work process management & automation platform (mPMA) where clients can configure their own Work Apps and Project Management Templates to facilitate work execution, management and automation. Companies use Scoop to engage their internal and external teams to get more work done and achieve faster growth. Industry leading solar, battery storage and EV charging companies use the Scoop platform to automate and streamline their field work, facilitate real time communication, gather valuable data and provide visual analytic dashboards. Our second platform, GLOO™ is a powerful integration as a service or iPaaS platform with over 500 connectors to a wide array of world class cloud platforms. We use GLOO connectors and integration workflows to automate interactions between Scoop and across our customers' entire ecosystem of technologies.
UI – Material Design Components
Source control : GitHub, PRs, Bitbucket
Reporting, Analytics : Firebase Analytics, Crashlytics
Localizations, obfuscation and code/resource shrinking (ProGuard, minify, R8)
- Bachelor's or Masters degree in computer science or software engineering
- Minimum 5 years experience building scalable B2B Android apps
- Deep passion for product, technology and software
- Able to demonstrate strong problem solving and critical thinking skills on the fly.
- Great written and oral communication skills
- Process-oriented and loves to keep improving
- Believes in our cause of using technology to create a better world
- Coding: Kotlin, Coroutines, Java
- Platforms: Android ver. 4.x – 11.0
- Architecture: MVP, MVVM & MVI, Clean Architecture, Repository pattern
- Tools: Android Studio, Gradle, Lint, Jira
- databases - SQL, SQLite, Room (migrations, testing), SQLCipher, ActiveAndroid
- network -TCP/IP, UDP, HTTP stack, web services (XML, JSON, REST)
- geo-location – GPS & Wi-Fi. Google maps v2 and OSM, forward / reverse geocoding
- Analyze and discuss requirements and specification/mockups generated by product owner
- Provide feedback and suggestions to ensure high performance and optimal UI/UX
- Design, develop and maintain functionalities within the Android App
- Provide technical guidance and direction to other developers
- Participate and provide reports in all Scrum practices and meetings
- Passionate entrepreneurial driven team with a clear mission.
- A work environment that values you individually and your contribution as a team member.
- The opportunity to be a part of a growing world-class team pushing the limits of technology, renewables and business strategy.
- A culture and management style rooted in transparency, empathy, personal responsibility and team accountability.
- Space to be creative, experiment and innovate.
- Significant career growth and advancement opportunities as the team grows.
- Trusted Advisors to our Customers
- Technology Innovation with Effective Design
- Good Design Matters
- Quality, Quality, Quality
- Don't Settle, Do Better
- Detail & Process Focused
- Quiet Strength
- Fastest Growing Industries: Scoop Robotix is at the intersection of highly coveted and rapidly growing industries namely intelligent process/workflow automation & renewables / sustainability. Gaining experience in these fields will be hugely valuable in terms of setting the right career trajectory and in relation to the future of the job market.
- Sweetspot of Growth: Scoop is at that very attractive sweetspot whereby it has fully confirmed product-market fit but is at the beginning of the path to significantly grow the team. As such for the next 5-10 team members that will be joining the team and who have a leader mindset, this presents the most fertile ground floor opportunity for growth.
- Global Mission: Scoop mission "powering the renewable energy / sustainable infrastructure workforce" is global and cross-industry. As such there is no limit to the depth and breadth of capabilities that we can build which translates to many interesting, exciting technical and business problems to solve with a variety of cutting edge technologies over time.
- Deep Technology: Our founders proven industrial background is in developing valuable IP in the robotics, automation and intelligent algorithms to solve real world problems. Working at Scoop provides a front-row seat to building cutting edge technical and business solutions and the bragging rights that go with that.
- Significant Career Upside: We believe strongly in early leader employees participating in the long term upside of the business. We provide this opportunity through granting of stock options and other financial performance bonuses.
- Making an Impact: Last but definitely not the least, when you write a line of code or onboard a new customer or create a marketing campaign at Scoop Robotix you know it's not just a job but a mission that is making a positive impact in the world and this is what keeps us all energized and engaged!